Last Thursday was a pretty awesome day. First awesome thing: We finally got our base assignment! We expected to find out where Daniel would go for pilot training in July, then September, then October, then February. I wasn't really holding my breath that we actually would find out this month but we did! We're going to Whiting Field, Florida! It's near Pensacola on the Florida Pan Handle (I'm not sure if that needs to be capitalized but I'm doing it anyway). We are really excited to finally know where we're going. We still don't know when we're supposed to be there, rumor is we'll find that out at the end of March. We've heard a lot of good things about the beaches in the area. It is gator country though. Daniel said, "I hope I don't have to eject over a gator area!" To which I replied, "I hope you don't have to eject at all." Hmmm. Whiting Field was where Daniel really wanted to go. It is a Naval Air Station so he'll be training with Navy pilots. That's a great opportunity for him to get to know people in the Navy and to learn about how the Navy works. Now that we have a location it feels real now. That's why I finally gave in to going ice fishing with Daniel today (post on that coming soon). This will likely be our last winter in Utah for a long, long time. We're going to miss our friends and family here, but we're excited to get the show on the road and get Daniel up in the air!
We found out about Florida on Thursday afternoon. On Thursday night, I was listening to a radio program on which they play a game called "Bill or No Bill." Every night during Utah's Legislative session, the radio people choose a real bill and make up two bills. They present the three bills to a caller and the caller has to say which one is the real bill. If they can do it, they win stuff. Well, I called in just for fun and got on the air. And I WON! I never win anything, but I won this! I got a KSL prize pack which probably includes stuff like post-its and a mug and a t-shirt. I'll definitely let you know what I get when it comes.
So yeah, Thursday was a pretty awesome day.






4 comments:
WOW! You WON! I don't care what it is, it is just so fun to know you won something!! We are so excited for the both of you to have this assignment in Florida! Life will really be an adventure for you. This will give us an excuse to come to Florida now!
congrats! I'm sure florida will be awesome! i hope all goes well with the move. moving is such a pain! good luck with everything!
No! That's awful news! :( You're supposed to move wherever we do...and I don't think we're going to Florida ever.... sigh, but congrats! We need to play lots and go camping at least once before you leave.
YAY! You get to some down to our neck of the woods! You wont be too far from us! We took a trip to Pensacola last year but it was such a quick trip, we want to go back. You seriously have to take a swamp tour. That was one of the first things I did when I moved down south and it was so cool, we saw LOTS of gators! PLUS you will have GORGEOUS beaches! The Gulf by us is NASTY! When do you move?
Post a Comment