Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ode to Macey's


Down the road from our house, there's a little grocery store called Macey's. It's one of the things I'm really going to miss when we leave Salt Lake. Here are the top 14 reasons why this is such a great store:  (it was going to be the top 10 but I kept thinking of more)
  1. They offer FREE cooking classes 2 days a week all year long.
  2. Every time I go there they have free samples of stuff.
  3. They have stands with free recipe cards you can take.
  4. Everyone who works there is ultra friendly and helpful.
  5. They have lots of emergency preparedness and food storage stuff.
  6. They have fun activities and free food during football season.
  7. Their bakery makes really yummy donuts and bread.
  8. They have King Kong frozen yogurts for $1.50. They're seriously almost 1 foot tall.
  9. They're open 24 hours and closed on Sundays.
  10. I've never had to wait in line for more than 2 people. 
  11. They have free DumDum suckers at the checkout counter.
  12. One of their baggers just won 3rd place at the National Baggers Competition in Las Vegas.
  13. They ask you if they can help you out to your car.
  14. They sell stuff made in Utah.
See? Doesn't this sound like a great store? Macey's, you're the best. I just don't know what I'll do without you! Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laurie said...

Gosh, I WANT a Macey's!

Jeff and Kathy Bell said...

though you know i could save you from all that by delivering right to your door just buy at least $8.00 a week and thats all it takes.


buhahahaha creepy salesman!