Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh yeah, I also went ice fishing.

On Monday I went ice fishing. Daniel has wanted to take me ice fishing since before we got married. I was always pretty hesitant because it didn't sound like any fun at all. Fishing on a frozen lake through a little hole when you have to dress like you're skiing doesn't sound like my idea of a great time. I felt pretty safe in my unwillingness to go until last year when I found "A List of 100 Things To Do Before I Die" that I had written in high school. Guess what was in the top 50? Yup, ice fishing. No getting out of it now. Once we got our assignment to Florida I realized that this will likely be my last chance to try it until we live in Alaska (which is a very real possibility at some future point in time). So, I went ice fishing. I didn't catch a thing but I got to drill my own hole and sit there and wait. :) It was actually pretty fun. Here are some pictures:

 
Daniel caught something, but it got away. I don't know why he's making a ninja pose though.


This is the first hole I dug in the ice. The ice was about 18 inches thick.

 
I hadn't broken through the ice yet. Come on, don't tell me you wouldn't be tempted to do this too! I just couldn't help it!

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

Julie, that is PRICELESS!

Lisa said...

You two are so much fun!! We need to get together sometime soon...Let me know when is a good time for you guys! Miss ya!

The Larchars said...

HAHAHAHA! I'm glad you got to go and have a good time. I love the way you narrate your posts. They are so funny!