Last weekend Daniel and I and some friends went kayaking down the Coosa River. We had a great time and thanks to our SPF 80 sunscreen we didn't even get sunburned! (I'll post more about our still-healing sunburns later.) The river was beautiful and peaceful. Along the banks we could see rope swings and the occasional bench or folding chair marking someone's favorite fishing spot. We didn't see any gators, crocs, or water moccasins but the surface had tons of mosquitoes and dragonflies skimming the surface of the water. There were some rapids, but they weren't anything close to what we experienced on the Snake River. We didn't tip over, but our friends did. Toward the end of the trip we rowed past a house that was playing relaxing piano music out of speakers on a large rundown dock. It was lovely. Daniel and I decided that it was the most fun thing we've done in Montgomery. Enjoy the pics!
Sporting our fashionable life jackets.
Daniel: Paddle Ninja
Paddling not in sync
Paddling in sync. We went really fast a couple times.
Taking a little break on a rock island. Seriously, walking on this rock before putting my shoes on was like walking on hot lava. Later Daniel and I floated (body surfing style) down this little rapid into an eddy. It was really fun, but to get back out you had to walk on slimy stuff. I did not like that part. :-)
1 comment:
Great pics! Looks like SO much fun!! I don't like walking on slimy stuff either. :)
Post a Comment