Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Wonderful Day

Yesterday, I had to take our car in to get checked out for some possible repairs so I got to sit for 2 hours waiting for them to be done with the car. It wasn't as bad as it sounds though. This car place was totally posh! They had iPads you could check out to use with their free wifi connection, a comfortable waiting room with a kids' play area, magazines, TV, coffee, tea and even hot chocolate! Since I don't drink coffee or black tea the hot chocolate was especially great since most places don't offer it as a coffee alternative. Anyway, I don't know how to use an iPad so I didn't check one out, I didn't really watch TV either because it was some crime show and those are depressing. Instead I got to watch my sleeping baby for 20 minutes and then play with him for the rest of the time. I have always loved my son, but yesterday I looked at him and just felt so happy and grateful that I get to be his mom. He's been growing and learning so quickly lately that I'm just trying to savor every snuggle, every slobbery, open mouthed kiss, every smile and giggle. In that waiting room he made several new friends. He's such a friendly little guy, doesn't shy away from people (except his dad - he seems to almost have a little man-crush on Daniel - it's so cute!), and I like to think he's a bright spot in others' days because he certainly is in mine. When we got home from the car place, I put him on the floor in his room to play and went into the kitchen to turn over my dinner on the stove (2 brats if you must know), so I wasn't even gone for a minute. When I came back I found him halfway down the hall! It was the first time he has tried to chase me down when I've left the room. He was so happy and proud of himself for making it as far as he did too. :-) While not everything went my way, yesterday turned out to be pretty wonderful.


Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so adorable! I can't wait to see him in person again.

Laurie said...

Wow!! He really can travel now! So cute. I remember when you were that age doing the same thing! Such a fun time of life!

Kathy Bell said...

I forget how young he is because he is so advanced! I LOVE his crawl and his happy adorable face! and I still can't believe I haven't met him in person.

Rebekah said...

I agree! He is adorable and I can't believe how well he scoots/crawls! I have the cutest nephew!