Thursday, November 15, 2012

Almost 6 Months

I had intended on doing a monthly blog post about David. You know, the ones with the stats and a list of the new things that he learned that month. Well, obviously I haven't been doing that monthly, but I'm going to do one now. I will also post some of my favorite photos. :-)

David will be 6 months old next Friday. Seriously the fastest 6 months of my life. Also the most fun. Also the most exhausting. I weighed him at home yesterday and he weighs about 18 pounds now and is between 27 and 29 inches long (he wouldn't hold still long enough for me to be sure). Here's some stuff about him:
  • LOVES his walker! We bought it for him right after Daniel got home from deployment and he enjoys it so much. He loves being able to get around on his own.
  • Puts his arms out and does a little whine when he wants me to hold him.
  • Likes to taste everything he can get his hands on. Especially plastic bags, electrical cords, my keys, my phone, my wallet. I guess tons of germs make things taste more interesting.
  • His slobber can disintegrate paper in less than a second.
  • Army crawls wherever he can. He especially is attracted to the bathrooms so I have to keep them extra clean.
  • He does not like loud noises. I don't vacuum nearly as often as I should because of that.
  • He makes friends everywhere he goes. He loves people and faces and always stares and smiles at people when we're out and about, especially non-white people and men with facial hair.
  • Likes to be teased with his toys. His favorite game is where he lays on his back and tries to grab onto his little chain link toy with his mouth as we dangle it over him lowering it toward him. He thinks it is so fun and exciting. He doesn't even use his hands.
  • His favorite show is The Backyardigans. It's actually a really cute show. He watches a few minutes at a time before naps and bedtime.
  • Is the wiggliest diaper changer on Earth! Seriously, I usually have to pin him down with one arm and try to get the diaper on with the other. It's definitely tricky. I'd love it if someone designed a diaper that velcro-ed in the back.
  • Sleep position of choice: on his belly with his bum in the air. Too cute!
  • Has tried avocado, apple sauce and banana, but is still mostly breastfed.

I love being this little boy's mom! I find myself wondering if all moms think their babies are as wonderful as I think mine is. I mean, I just look at him and my heart melts. He's just the sweetest, most wonderful baby ever!

Birthday
1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months
5 months
Almost 6 months

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Unknown said...

He is getting so big. He's too cute! Don't you love how they eat the things that have the most germs or are the most dangerous thing they can get their hands on? And yeah I feel the same way about Emery, no offense but she's the best baby, well toddler, ever!

Laurie said...

Oh my gosh!!! He's just the cutest thing ever!! I was so surprised to see the 6 month picture! He looks just like a little kid now!! So darling! Such a happy smile. You can't help but smile when you see that cute face!!! I love him SO much!!! Can't wait to see him in person!!!

Kathy Bell said...

awe! such a fun post! Its great to hear how cute my nephew is. i know you dont want to hear this but he is so grown up! and so independent it sounds too. but not too much since he still loves to be held by his mama. :) so sweet.

Lisa said...

Love all of these pictures! What a handsome boy!! He sure is growing up fast. Can we slow these boys down a tad? Haha j/k. Sure miss you guys and can't wait to have our boys meet one another and get to catch up!!