Friday, January 15, 2010

Hodge Podge o' Thoughts

Christmas: Christmas was pretty much awesome. Daniel and I went to California and spent the holiday with my family. It was fun to have everyone together for a few days. It was also super fun to thaw out since it was almost 70 degrees on Christmas Day. Ahhhh. It was lovely. I never did get around to getting out Christmas cards, but my new goal is to get them out around Valentine's Day like Julia Child (I just read My Life in France, btw). Daniel got me a food processor and it is my favorite new toy. It even came with lots of recipes and a DVD showing you how to make them! Cool huh?

New Year: We spent New Year's eve with Daniel's family at a family party. It was fun to play games, chat and make noise with everyone. I didn't make any resolutions. I never do though. I don't see a point. Someone much wiser than I told me once that he makes yearly goals on his birthday. That makes more sense to me, but I don't really do that either. In general, if I want to make a goal to do something, I start working on it as soon as I think of it.

School: School started again for both of us. It is Daniel's LAST semester! Hallelujah! He is also the Wing Commander of his ROTC detachment. It's a big job, but he's really excited about it. He has a lot of ideas that he's trying to get going, but he's got a lot of support from the other cadets and from the cadre. I'm back at school too. Nothing new to report there.All in all: 2010 is going to be an exciting and maybe frustrating year as we wait on the Air Force to tell us when and where we'll be going, maybe maybe not teach for a 4th year and whatever else comes our way. Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

Jane said...

You guys are great! Congrats on Daniel's last semester! Wahoo! ...I wish it was Matt's last semester... sigh. :) Excited to see you both tomorrow!

The Larchars said...

How did you like Julia Child's book, was it good? That sounds like it would be fun to read. We rented the movie after you said something... I felt like I could really relate to them in a way, so that was fun!

Glad you had a fun Christmas!!!