I have come to a conclusion: a fish is more of a decoration than a pet. They don't cuddle with you or respond to you. You can't take them anywhere or teach them tricks. No one is very impressed by your fish's good behavior. At least a plant doesn't have a tank or bowl you have to clean out every week. I think I'll skip ahead to a dog when I'm ready for another pet.





2 comments:
sorry for you loss...so, what will you do with the fishbowl and food? We never had a fish that lived long enough to eat all of the food they give you in that small box. Maybe pass it along to someone else. Hey, isn't that how YOU got it? Hum.
Lol! Oh dear. I think you get better at it as time goes on. Mine used to die really fast too, and then for some reason they started lasting longer than a year. This is my first month I haven't had a fish since my senior year of high school. (The girls watched my fish on my mission)
I think fish are for people who desperately want a pet, but aren't allowed to have any, Or else have kids that need something easy"er".
But I loved your comment about how nobody's impressed because they've behaved so well. It IS cool though, if you can actually train your fish! Mine have yet to respond to coke like the commercials yet. ;-)
sorry for your loss!
Post a Comment