Monday, December 21, 2009

Pet Owners

Daniel and I are now pet owners. On Saturday we had a white elephant gift exchange at the annual Cousins Christmas Breakfast with Daniel's cousins. I got a fish bowl with real fish! I decided to name them Fat Man and Little Boy. I wanted to name them matching names and one is a lot smaller than the other so I decided to name them after the first atomic bombs.

I think I'm ready for this step. It seems logical to me seeing as how I've been able to keep two plants alive for a couple of years. If I can keep these fish alive for a while I might upgrade to a hamster or something. Lizards, snakes and tarantulas are out, but after the hamster then a dog, then after the dog, a human. Progressing through the species allows me to develop nurturing qualities one at a time.
  • Plants - require water
  • Fish - require water and food
  • Hamsters - require water, food, and toys
  • Dogs - require water, food, toys, and attention
  • Humans - require water, food, toys, attention, and clothes
I figure if I can learn to just give one more thing to my pets, I'll eventually be able to take care of a little human. Thank you Lyndy for giving me this little shove in the right direction. :) Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Betsy/Mom said...

Good Luck!

The Larchars said...

HAHAHAHAHAH! That was a fabulous post! You actually kind of remind of me the book Marley and Me. Have you read it? I think the book is better than the movie though! :-)

Laurie said...

haha...Julie, yes, I think you are ready for a fish! I think hamsters are hardly worth the trouble, but dogs are sure fun. For me, it was a good thing I didn't have any pets when I had my first human, because when I did, even my plants died and I think I had a fish that survived 2 weeks. Love you! Mom

Jane said...

I think guinea pigs are way cooler than hamsters. And by the way, you guys are awesome! I'm so excited to move back down so we can play more.

Liz Smith said...

i couldnt agree more. enjoy your fishies! :)