Thursday, March 6, 2014

Catching Up

I thought I'd catch everyone up on our latest happenings since it's been a while. Get ready for a lot of photos and some narration. :-)

Daniel was deployed over Christmas so David and I spent the holiday with my family in California, then New Years in Utah with Daniel's family. We had a great time except that we missed our hero so, so much. Also, both David and I got that nasty illness that the rest of America seemed to get and had it about a month. That was pretty miserable.
Seeing Daniel off on his Deployment. I wasn't nearly as happy as I looked in this photo. I was putting on my brave, excited for daddy face for David.

Sailing with my family. David loved it!

David trying out some of his Christmas presents. He got lots of cars, trucks and trains, his favorites!

David hanging out with Great Grandpa and Grandpa. He was SO sleepy he snuggled right up to Grandpa and fell asleep.

Gram took us to feed the ducks and geese at Wheeler Farm in Utah.

We brought my dad home with us from our travels and loved having him around for a while. It was especially helpful because it was becoming more and more difficult for me to keep up with David as I was 7 months pregnant and still sick. Also, we had loads of fun with Grandpa visiting a submarine museum, the Space Needle and just hanging out at home.
At the submarine museum with Grandpa. David spent nearly 10 minutes climbing through this submarine hatch.

Captain David steering the submarine.

David's nostrils and the Space Needle.


Daniel got home at the beginning of February, Hooray! One of our favorite days! David still talks about that day. :-)
David practicing waving his flag while waiting for Daniel's plane to land.

He's home!!


Daniel had some time off after deployment so we went to a little German village in the mountains called Leavenworth and Daniel took David sledding. The snow was beautiful, we stayed in the cutest little inn and we had a great time there!
Leavenworth on a snowy night.

First run down!

They both had so much fun!


Since Daniel's been home we've been busy getting ready for our little girl to join us, taking David to the indoor swimming pool, we've been bowling, and last weekend we went clamming (I did not clam, but I helped a little), stayed a night in Astoria, Oregon and visited some family in Vancouver, Washington. Thanks to Andrew and Annie, Daniel and I also got a date night last month.
David's first time bowling!

Our date night: a murder mystery dinner cruise. We looked good and did not get seasick. :-)

David is becoming quite the little swimmer with his life jacket on!
Daniel and David heading out to get some clams!

Love this photo!

Family photo!
In Astoria we visited the sea lion docks. It was quite interesting and loud.

David and me. Sweetie!

Haystack Rock and David at Cannon Beach

Pregnancy update: I currently have 3 weeks to go to my due date. I'm not that into posting belly pics this pregnancy so don't expect any. Suffice it to say I feel huge and uncomfortable and tired. Everything is normal and fine though. Can't wait to meet this girl! Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

Laurie said...

What a GREAT post!! Love all the pictures too. I especially like the family photo and the one of David's nostrils! You are hilarious!