Friday, October 14, 2011

Silver Wings

2 weeks ago Daniel graduated from pilot training and got his silver wings! It was my favorite day since our wedding. We had family out from 4 different states and were so glad everyone made it out.

The wing commander presenting Daniel with his silver wings and a diploma. Side note: the photo of Daniel on the screen behind them - I took that. :-)

Daniel breaking his wings. It's a tradition.

I'm pinning on his official pair of wings that have his name engraved on the back.

He's a real live pilot!

Daniel's fan club: Grandma & Grandpa Tucker, cousin Mallorie, his parents, my parents, Uncle Tom. There are many more members of the fan club, but these are the ones who were able to make it out to the boonies for graduation. :-)

Daniel's flight commander presenting him with his Aeronautical Rating, which is the paperwork that proves he's a real pilot.

Daniel coached everyone through a touch and go in the T-1 simulator. It really felt like we were actually flying!

At the formal banquet that night, Daniel gave me a rose and a kiss in a really cute public display of affection. :-)

I'm so proud of him!    

Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

The Larchars said...

Yay for updates and pics!!!! You look beautiful in that dress, I'm so glad I got to see you wear it in the formal atmosphere it was intended for! Congrats Danile!!!! We are so happy for you! And that kiss- ahhhhh. :-)

Laurie said...

GREAT post!! Love all the pictures. Helps me re-live the day! So fun!! Congrats!! We are so proud of Daniel and you too! It was just a wonderful celebration time for a person who did an enormous amount of work and is truely exceptional!!! So happy to be related to the two of you!!!!

J.D.Z.M.B said...

Congrats again to you both!!! And I love your graduation dress, its super cute!

Ashlee said...

Julie - you look absolutely stunning! And what a handsome sweetie you have! I am so glad that you guys have so much support from your families and friends!

Jeff and Kathy Bell said...

wow what a great accomplishment! I am so proud of Daniel! We have huge military planes that fly over our house every day and I always think of Daniel when, what I think is a C-17, passes over. I am so excited for your family's future!

Sandra said...

Du kannst so stolz sein auf deinen Mann. Ich freue mich sehr für euch! :-)

Liz Smith said...

awesome!! Congrats! you guys look great!

Megan said...

That is the cutest thing ever! That pic of him kissing you in public is soooooooo adorable!!! I love it! Congrats to you both!! Also I love you outfit Julie! Super cute!!

Tracy Campbell said...

Daniel, Coongratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. What an accomplishment. You set your goal, worked so hard and never gave up. So happy for both of you!!