This is what they looked like: (this is only one, but the other was identical)
The cabinet doors were covered with this gross fabric and the knobs were far too small. I cannot understand why someone would choose this fabric to cover the doors, or why he/she would think it looked good with neon green and black. I was anxious to see why someone would see this fabric as an improvement to what was there before. This is what the fabric covered:
I'm not sure which was worse. The wood was covered with some kind of insane NASA glue. No matter how much I sanded or what chemicals I tried, the glue was only smeared all over. Painting the doors was out. So I got out some scrapbooking paper and Mod Podge and went to town on those doors.
After several days of sanding, priming, painting and assembling, the end tables are done! I am SO happy with how they turned out! This is my first project like this and I'm very proud of myself. I think you'll agree they are much improved. Daniel even likes them! :-) The photo just shows one, but the other looks the same.

I'm using one as storage for some of my crafting stuff and the other to hold our piano music and movies.
Another project I've been meaning to do for a while now is covering our piano bench. I did that today. I'm happy with how it turned out too:
![]() | |
| Before |
![]() |
| After |
Even though the end tables and the piano with bench are in the same room (for now) and they don't match, I really don't care very much. It's better than all the beige and white and brown that's been driving me batty for months! :-)








4 comments:
Yay! New blog post! I LOVE your projects! They all turned out so great and I'm proud of you for doing them!
Look at you, Mrs. Talented!! Your end tables are DARLING and your bench looks GREAT!
Keep on crafting, and make sure you post pictures for everyone (me) to see! :)
LOVE IT!! You are awesome Julie!!
You are so talented Julie! Love the transformations! Can't wait to see what other crafty projects you have up your sleeve! :)
Post a Comment