![]() |
| My mom and me at the air museum in San Diego in 2006. |
My mom is one of the most likable people on Earth. Everyone likes her because she makes everyone feel really good about who they are. When you're around my mom, you feel like you can do anything. She is the world's best confidence keeper. She will never tell a soul anything personal you share with her, unless you give her permission.
My mom is really good at laughing! Sometimes when she's telling you about something funny, she gets laughing so hard she cries and can hardly talk. You find yourself laughing just as hard as she is and you don't even know why because she has hardly started telling the story! My mom can find humor in almost any situation and she never teases or picks on someone else in a way that makes them feel bad.
As I get older, I recognize more and more of my mom in myself and that makes me happy. I want to be just like her.
![]() |
| My mother-in-law at a family wedding. I searched all through my photos and couldn't find any of just the 2 of us or one of just her with Daniel. Sad! We'll have to remedy that. |
My mother-in-law is the queen of homemaking skills. She can cook, bake, grow, sew or build anything you can dream up. Need some kind of rare ingredient for a recipe? No big deal! She either grew it in her garden last year and preserved it, or she can tell you where in all of Utah you can go to get the best price to buy it. She also has a compassionate heart and willingness to serve others in any way she can. She'll go to great lengths to help those who need it. When a loved one needed help getting to and from the hospital for twice daily medical treatments, she put hundreds of miles on her car to see that he got there and got home.
The better I get to know my mother-in-law, the more I understand why my husband is as wonderful as he is. I'm grateful to be able to learn so much from her.
I know everyone loves their moms and thinks theirs are the greatest, but, as you can see, mine actually are. :-)







5 comments:
what a Lovely post! I love mothers!
moms are A-MAZING!!!! we are definitely SO blessed to have such amazing women in our lives. :)
JULIE!!! What a nice post!! I feel all warm and loved inside! I'm just bursting with gratitude for you and the way you feel about me and Lisa! Thank you. I love you SO MUCH!!!
You really do have 2 great mothers. I love the part about Mom laughing so hard when she starts to tell a story that she can't even finish... those are the best non-stories (because you never actually get to hear the whole story... you just start laughing because she is)! And that is so true about Lisa. Danny and I got married not too long after you and Daniel and I had only met Lisa a few times, but she sent Danny and I the NICEST gift for our wedding! It was so thoughtful and we still use it all the time :)
Hooray for Moms!
You have such good examples it is no wonder that you turned out so lovely, Julie. You are going to make a fantastic Mommy someday!
Post a Comment