Sunday, May 31, 2009

Flaming Gorge

For Memorial Day weekend, Daniel and I went up to Flaming Gorge to camp with some friends. We'd only been there in the winter and so it was a new sight for us to see the beautiful lake and trees. It's absolutely wonderful there! Except for the fact that it rained or was threatening to rain almost the entire weekend, we had a blast! We played some games, ate hot dogs and smores and did some fishing. I caught some good sized fish! Behold!
I caught this fat 20 inch Rainbow trout on Saturday! I caught 3 Rainbows on Monday! A 22 incher, and 2 15 inchers! (I'm putting my hand up to show how big they actually were)


With these 4 fish, I have now out-fished Daniel in 2009! He's been on 4 fishing trips and hasn't caught a thing. He says he's proud of me, and I believe him, but I also think he's a bit jealous. I also now hold our little family's record for the biggest fish ever caught. (insert applause/cheering) At this time, I'd like to thank my in-laws for getting me my own fishing pole for my birthday last year. I'd also like to thank my loving husband for doing the gross things associated with catching a fish so I didn't have to. Things like touching it, taking the lure out, gutting it, etc. Daniel, you're the best husband, even if you're not the best fisherman! :)
Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Melanie said...

lol - Julie' you're too funny. I can always count on you for a laugh!! (in a good way, of course) *love* Congrats on catching the biggest fish and the most - you go girl!! Miss you!! Ever wanna come visit San Antonio??? You're always welcome, and there's soooo much to do here! Love you!

Liz Smith said...

GO JULIE!!! i love it!

The Larchars said...

Wow- those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! Gorgeous scenery! And congrats on the fishing!!! He needs a little competition- way to be! Those fish are HUGE!

Jane said...

Haha that was such a fun camping trip! And such a yummy fish! Thanks again for sharing it with us. We also deem Julie the fishing champion!