Sunday, January 11, 2009

Snowboarding

I love snowboarding! Now, I'm sure many of you are trying hard to picture me doing all kinds of tricks and such. Don't worry, I don't do any tricks. Sometimes, when I fall, I can make it look like a trick, but that is very rare. I'm actually not that great, but I'm making progress. Now that I have my own board, my learning curve is on a steep incline. Really what I do is just go down the mountain talking to myself (I give myself pointers like "stay on your toes, stay on your toes, now slowly start turning, good, now there's a little bump coming up, don't freak out, etc).

My dad retired in December (congratulations Dad!) and to celebrate he came up to Utah and took us skiing/snowboarding. We had a great time with him. On the way up to the ski resort, I set a big goal for the day: don't cry. And you know what?! I didn't cry! I almost did once, but I stopped myself before I shed any actual tears. I only ate it once and had a super fun day with my dad, husband and brother-in-law. I can't wait to go again! Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: