Friday, January 30, 2009

Guy Trip

My parents are pretty awesome. Here's one reason why: the Guy Trip. For 25 years my mom has let my dad go on the Guy Trip every winter. Oh, for those of you who don't know, the Guy Trip is a group of guys who get together once a year for a long weekend of skiing.

Here's how it started. When my family moved to California when I was a kid, my dad and some of his buddies decided to go skiing for a few days in Utah. They had a great time and decided to make it an annual event. They've skied all over the West and have been coming to Salt Lake for the last few years. Some of the original "Guy Trippers" have moved away and still come! The Guy Trip has also inducted sons and sons-in-law of original "Guy Trippers" and snowboarders. And, they have made the Saturday of the Guy Trip "Family Day." Family Day of the Guy Trip is when daughters of Guy Trippers are made honorary Guy Trippers. That includes me! I always have a great time and this year I think I'll be able to keep up. :) Print Friendly and PDF

No comments: