Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Air Show

At the beginning of November, Daniel and I drove down to Las Vegas to see an air show at Nellis Air Force Base. It. Was. Da. Bomb. My parents drove in too so we got to cover our ears together. I've been to some air shows before, but Nellis really puts on a great show. Nellis is the home of the Thunderbirds and this show was their last of the year. They also had a whole bunch of other aircraft fly around. My personal favorites were the FA-18 and F-22 (Daniel quizzes me on all the different aircraft. Oh, and I can't call them airplanes anymore because Daniel says it's like calling a cosmotologist a person who does hair.)

They had tons of static displays (I didn't know there was a real name for the planes that they have sitting on the ground so you can look at them), and there were also several that you could walk in and see the cockpits and even a couple big ones you could walk through and talk to the people who work on them. I learned a lot and had way too much fun. My parents had a good time too. They got to watch Daniel's favorite aircraft (the F-22 Raptor) do its thang and were muy impressed. He wants to fly that "bird" more than anything. We had a great time and would love to go back next year. If you have the means, I highly recommend checking it out.
The Thunderbirds Daniel and my parents on the back of a C-130 Daniel and me in front of the F-22 Raptor
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

Liz Smith said...

that is sooooo cool!!! ive always wanted to go to an air show. i love cool planes and the feeling of when they fly over you...it's awesome! (sorry, i still call them planes, im uneducated) :P

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!! We'll have to go next year. We missed you at thanksgiving, but it looks like you had fun with the fam.

Sarah said...

Julie, cute photos/blog! I had to comment on this particular picture because my Dad used to fly C-130s! Looks like fun! :)