David turned 1last week! I can hardly believe it! This has been the fastest, most joyful and most exhausting year of my life. It's been so fun to watch this little boy grow and learn quicker than I imagined. When I think back to how tiny and helpless he was when he was born, I'm amazed at all the things that this little guy can do just 1 year later. Everyday his personality shines through a little bit more. He is a silly, curious, thrill-seeking, resilient, people-loving, future-musician, outdoors-man in the making. We love him so much!
For David's birthday we went camping. To say that David enjoyed it would be a gross understatement. He LOVED every single second! Even in the rain, he was the happiest camper of our bunch! His birthday cake was a campfire orange brownie which was DELICIOUS! (Click
here for instructions). A couple weeks ago we celebrated his birthday with family in Utah. His Grammy made him an adorable goldfish birthday cake and seemed to prefer to pick the candy off of it than eat the cake itself. He also got some fun birthday presents and he loves to play with them all! It was a pretty great birthday for him, I'll say.
 |
| David and his Grammy with the cute cake she made him. |
 |
| Waiting for our orange brownies to cook. |
 |
| Playing in the sand at the beach at our campground. |
 |
| Helping Daddy set up the tent |
 |
| The birthday campfire orange brownie. |
 |
| Having fun camping in the rain! |
In April, just after he started walking, David broke his leg going down a slide. The fracture was pretty minor, luckily. The orthopedic doc described it as more of a crack than a fracture. They did put a cast on him though. So for 3 weeks, David's leg was in a clunky green cast. While he wasn't able to walk with the cast on, he quickly adapted to it and was crawling as fast as ever in just a few days. We are now happy to report that after 2 weeks of no cast, David is walking again. He still limps a mite, but is getting stronger all the time.
 |
| First day with the cast. |
 |
| Last day with the cast. Notice how nasty the toe of the cast looks at the end of the 3 weeks. It was gross! |
2 comments:
I Love this blogpost! David is so cute and when you write about how fast the year has gone, it reminds me of the day you turned 18 and I thought, "She was just a baby yesterday! Where did the time go!" Cherish every day, even the never ending, exhausting ones. I love you all so much. :) So grateful for you!
awwwww...poor little dude. but he looks so happy still! haha! i'm glad he's better now. i have never seen a cast on a baby before. he's such a cutie.
Post a Comment