Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gadgets That Make Me Grateful

We are now half-way through our 4 month hotel camping trip! I'm not gonna lie, there have been plenty of tough days, but I've become extremely grateful for some very simple gadgets because they've made our living situation much easier.

  
Our water pitcher. The tap water here is of questionable drinkability. This filter pitcher makes me feel better about drinking lots of water.

Our 3 legged electric skillet. Daniel's grandparents donated this to us and it has made a HUGE difference in our diet! One of the legs is broken so it wobbles, but we LOVE this thing! It's easy to clean, easy to store and easy to cook in.

Perhaps the simplest of all the gadgets I'm thankful for is this sponge. We got it today and it has made washing dishes much faster and less messy than the rag I had been using before. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it earlier! I have never been more grateful for a sponge!

Our trusty printer. We've used this thing so many times! I shudder to think how much money we would be spending if we had to pay 5 cents per page to print at the library.

My slow cooker. I don't think this one needs any explanation as everyone loves their slow cooker. :-)

My yoga mat. Daniel gave this to me for Christmas and I love it! Sometimes I just sit on the floor on it even when I'm not exercising. :-) I am very grateful that our room has enough space for me to lay it out and still be kind of out of the way.      



Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

J.D.Z.M.B said...

Sometimes the simplest things are the greatest blessings! Happy to hear that you are half way there!

Laurie said...

Ahhh....well, this just makes me want to give you a big hug, when life gets to the point that you are so grateful for a little sponge! So glad that you are looking on the bright side of all of this and making the most of it and I know there is great peace in living with a minimum. That's how I felt when you were about 3 or 4 and we went on that long camping trip with a tent I couldn't even stand up in! Do you remember any of that? I know it will be a cherished memory for you in time to come. Love you so much!!

Feed Your Fitness said...

I look back at the time we spent in Altus and sorta laugh. It was a blessing at the time having a 3 week old. I remember buying a water filter because Altus water just had this smell. The sink in our room was a joke and doing dishes was even worse! Good memories! It looks like you guys are hanging in there! Congrats on the baby boy!