Tuesday, January 10, 2012

22 Weeks

As most of the people we know do not live near us and have not seen us lately, I thought I'd post a picture of myself (Daniel looks pretty much the same as he has for the last few years) . I'm finally showing to the point where most people believe me now when I tell them I'm pregnant. I still have to tell people because I'm not yet at the stage where people just know, but the number of comments about my petite size is steadily decreasing, which is nice. :-)

(Remember, we live in a hotel room so the lighting is required to be bad.)
Tuck has made his/her presence obvious (at least to me) in another way too: he/she is moving around more and more every day. The sensation of being elbowed from the inside always catches me off guard. It's exciting, but as much as I would like to say that I love it, I still think it's kind of weird.

Here are some FAQ's about my pregnancy and Tuck:

Q: Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?
A: No, we do not. We don't have a preference either.

Q: When/Are you going to find out?
A: We are not trying to wait until Tuck's born, but we're not anxious to find out either. Our health insurance pays for 2 ultrasounds during normal pregnancies (one at the beginning and one at the end), and we don't feel the need to request and pay for another one. If at any point we are given an extra ultrasound and are asked if we want to know we'll say yes.

Q: Do you have any ideas/feelings/inclination of what you're having?
A: Yes, I do, but I'm not going to say here, just in case I'm wrong. ;-)

Q: Do you have any names picked out?
A: Yes. We have agreed on a girl's name and a boy's name, but also have a couple back-up names in case our chosen ones don't quite fit once we meet Tuck.

Q: How are you feeling?
A: I'm feeling great! I do experience some back discomfort, but have been doing prenatal yoga and pilates (and some other exercises) which have really helped ease it. I've also been walking everywhere I can (made MUCH more pleasant by the beautiful weather we've been having lately).

I hope that's a nice little update for you. Thanks for reading! Also, I'm currently researching high chairs and strollers. If you have any input about brands, designs, types, etc. (good or bad), I'd LOVE to know what you think!!! Print Friendly and PDF

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Julie you look darling! Miss you so much.

Garrett and Krystal said...

It was good to see a picture of you! You look great! :) I am so excited for you and glad you are feeling great.

Danny and Karen said...

Julie you are so cute!! I think you ARE glowing! You look WAY pregnant now. I love it!

The Morton's said...

You look darling!

Did Tricare change? I was always given 3 ultrasounds. One at 20 weeks to find out the gender too.

Also, my advice is don't get a high chair, they take up way too much space, hard to clean, bulky to try to move around from place to place, we just use the strap to a chair tray seat (ours is fisher price but there are tons of brands) which are around 20 bucks and super easy to clean and not bulky. Also you have to get a bumbo!

Laurie said...

YOU. LOOK. BEAUTIFUL!!! So happy you are feeling great and good for you for doing some exercises. That will pay off. There really is a baby in there!!! So exciting! As for the high chair and stroller, I have no advice but keep in mind you won't need a high chair for months after the baby is born. Owen and Megan did a lot of research for those kinds of things so hopefully they will weigh in on all this. They also had a really nice swing that seemed great. SO. EXCITING!!! Thanks for posting a picture of yourself!

The Larchars said...

I already told you my chico comments, but regarding high chairs... I also have a chico high chair. It is really nice. Washable cover, a couple dish washing trays,etc. But I really wish I had the Eddie Bauer wood one with the plastic tray, because they look a lot like furniture and aren't so bulky. My high chair takes up so much space folded or not, I don't really like to use it. Plus, they seem to be relatively easy to find second hand. (my chair was a gift from my mom, so I'm afraid to swap it)

I second the motion get a bumbo. I know some people who used that in place of a high chair w/ two kids. Grace loves to sit in hers still, on the island counter top to watch me cook. It's been handy.

Also, I don't know if you heard- but drop down side cribs are no longer legal to buy. Not even second hand, for "safety reasons." We have one, and I actually did want Jason to bolt it stronger, because it did concern me. I love the drawer underneath it, because I can keep spare crib sheets and blankets in it for when she had blow outs.

Kylee said...

How exciting!! Congrats!! You look great!!

Allen Family said...

We just have the Graco chair that hooks straight on the table. Doesn't take up much space and they feel like part of the family instead of the outcast stuck away from the family! By the way, you look great. And congrats on the little boy!