I recently returned from a 2 week solo tour. Part 1 of my trip was visiting Daniel's family in Salt Lake. I didn't realize how much I had missed the mountains until I saw the welcoming and familiar Wasatch Mountains.
 |
| Not what they looked like from the plane. This is near Donut Falls. |
 |
| My family-in-love (I don't like calling them in-laws). There are more, but these were the ones with whom I spent most of my visit. |
 |
| Playing Monopoly cards at the park waiting for a fireworks show. So much fun! |
 |
| Everyone came over for dinner one night while I was there (this isn't a complete group photo). It was so much fun for me to see all my Salt Lake favorites all at once! |
We went to dozens of stores and looked at lots of pretty things (some of which I bought) and got some great ideas for craft projects. I visited the school where I taught and had lunch with my outstanding friends and coworkers there. I also got to visit with several of our good neighborhood and college friends who haven't moved away. We went to 3 outdoor concerts and 2 fireworks shows. The Utah Symphony played the 1812 Overture with REAL CANONS!! Aside from all the enjoyable things we did, the most meaningful part of my trip was getting to spend so much time with dear friends and family. It always feels good to go to a place where so many people like you! :-)
Part 2 of my trip was to visit my family in Redlands. My hometown has a killer 4th of July celebration at the university stadium every year. I love 4th of July in Redlands. This year wasn't nearly as hot as it usually is which made for much more comfortable and pleasant festivities.
 |
| My family minus a brother. (The glass table in front of us is reflecting some weird light all over the place.) |
 |
| My high school pal and me at the 4th of July celebration. Neither of our husbands could be there with us because they are currently in military training. Yay for military spouses! :-) |
 |
| My parents. |
 |
| Me on the boat. I hadn't been sailing in 2 years! It was a perfect sailing day. I miss it more than I realized. |
 |
| The fam chillaxin at the pool after dinner. Perfect day! |
|
|
We did a lot of swimming, a lot of playing Wii Just Dance (my new favorite game), visiting my grandparents, aunt and cousins (SO MUCH FUN!), watched Transformers 3 (mixed feelings), went sailing, went to an outdoor concert at the Redlands Bowl (excellent) and just enjoyed being all together. I don't remember spending so much time with my siblings in years. I learned new things about everyone and realized that I'm related to some really incredible people!
When I was on the plane going to Salt Lake, I felt so excited and blessed that I had 3 places I can call home: Salt Lake, Redlands and Columbus. Now that I'm home and am seriously reflecting on the last 2 weeks, I realize that home doesn't have to be a place. Home is in the hearts of those who love you. I had a great trip, but am happy to be back with my sweetheart, Daniel. He will always be my sweetest home. :-)
5 comments:
So great to see your pictures! We love you both and missed Daniel so much. It was just so great to be together and we all have fun! Ilove our family!!!!!!!!!!!! You had such a fun time with Daniel's family too!!
Wow! Rebekah is so tall and PRETTY! I like the family picture of all of us. That was a good vacation. So true about home being in the hearts of those you love and who love you. Good post Dewey :)
We had so much fun with you julie. Thanks for being such a lovely and happy person to be around. The pictures are so fun too. And the one with all of us in the family room...Jeff makes it look like it was Christmas morning or something with his sleepy hair and stuff. haha
Ahhh- I'm glad you had such a fun and amazing trip! It was sure great to see you again, we miss you both sooooo much!!!!
oh man, I miss spending the 4th of July at the U of R!
Post a Comment