
Where to begin.... Writing doesn't come easily to me. Ok, I really don't know where to start, but I hope you readers out there following Julie's fun blog posts will at least be able to capture the spirit of this message. I LOVE JULIE!!! And here's just a taste of why I do!
Julie has a fun writing style that always seems to encompass the magic of the moments we've shared together. Her posts often make me laugh, and certainly help me to reminisce those happy times. No doubt you all enjoy reading her posts too, or else you wouldn't take the time to read them every time this blog is updated. Hopefully this post- obviously not from Julie- will at least retain a portion of your attention for the duration of this soliloquy. Perhaps that's not the write word, but Julie would know what to say. I think she should write a book. Let her know if you agree with me. She could bring a smile to anyone's face with her witty words and creative descriptions. I remember times we would visit Catherine at the hospital and show up to see my sister completely down, no smile, barely able to talk, and certainly didn't feel like getting out of bed. Yet by the end of our visit, Catherine was singing her favorite songs with Julie, laughing at Julie's jokes, telling her own jokes to Julie, and walking with her hand in Julie's outside the hospital room. I'm grateful Cat got to know Julie so well. Julie can cheer up anyone! I love that about Julie!
In fact, she's one of the smartest people I know! She's a genius! Really! She can turn a plastic tub with who knows what into a nice TV stand with some sort of cloth. I couldn't tell if it was a table cloth, or blanket over the top, but she knows the difference and makes it look nice. The house is actually a home, because of her creativity. I never understood the shells and beads thing, but now that they hang in front of the bathroom window it actually looks pretty cool! I would never have thought to do something like that. Ok there's a million things I'd never think to do, and that's just another reason why I love her so much. She's like a whole new computer with remarkable memory, incredible abilities, and a quick processor. I think she runs on Juliesoft. I don't know how that metaphor will stand with her or you, but it makes sense to me.
Aside from her computer side, Julie is very talented. She plays the piano, sings, makes cards and scarves, cooks amazing food with curry, is an excellent organizer, caring, compassionate, charitable, and thinks ahead. Yes, she even cooked meals for me and froze them before leaving to Florida. This was a great blessing, because I could work my 12-hour day, come home exhausted to a
real frozen dinner, and then continue studying without needing to cook. Who just does that?!!! Julie does! :) My wife is the best!!! She even took the time to make my favorite cookies with craisens and white choco chips so the cookie jar would be full all week! Yeah, I am the luckiest guy in pilot training--because Julie is my wife, and I get to fly! :) Just had to throw that flying part in, because she even quit her teaching job to follow me to Columbus, Mississippi where frogs jump at her ankles, and Walmart people-watching is the best entertainment option--just to let me follow my dream to fly for the US Air Force. She even takes time out of her weekend and evenings to "chair-fly" with me, acting as the instructor pilot in the back seat repeating my call-outs and helping me memorize my checklists and radio calls.
But alas, the greatest reason I love Julie with all my heart, is because she loves me. I could go on and on about all the reasons she is so awesome, but that might make all you readers feel insecure about yourselves as you compare yourself to supergirl Julie. Therefore, I will let you think she's human like the rest of us. I feel bad she never got to see the space shuttle launch this week (launch is postponed for maintenance issues), but her time away certainly gave me a chance to think about how wonderful she is, and how blessed I am to be her husband. I really miss her, and I'm glad she'll be home soon.
(NOTE: I added the picture of her hiking, because I love her smile in this picture, and it reminds me of the fun times we've had outdoors with each other. Also, if you wish to comment on this post, please join me in letting Julie know what she means to you.)
7 comments:
I'm the lucky one, Daniel! This post proves that. I love you!
Ahhh...that's just about the sweetest blog I've ever read! You both are really awesome! Yes, I definately think Julie should write a book! (and Daniel, she really misses you too.)
You both are lucky to have each other. What a great post Daniel!
Julie is so amazing! I wish I could do so many things like her! She is so admirable. Our whole family is so lucky!
Ahhhh! It does seem like you two were made for each other! What girl wouldn't love a man to write a post like that about her? She is an awesome sister in law, and I am proud of you Daniel for recognizing how great she is and honoring her! Miss you guys!!!
Um seriously Daniel?! That is the cutest most caring thing I have ever read and I do agree with you on all of Julie's majorly wonderful character attributes! She is wonderful and an amazing woman to be so selfless all the time. I aspire to be more like her and hope that one day my husband will think this fondly of me as well. You are both so wonderful to each other and I am continually amazed at how even tho you are sooo busy, you still find time to visit like EVERY museum, zoo, recreational park, or whatever! wherever you are living. You both are an inspiration! I love you both and am soo happy you will be Aunt and Uncle to our little boy! I really said "Daniel will be such a fun uncle" to owen one night after we found out. You are both amazing and it's really great that you both see that in the other. Love and miss you guys!
oh my goodness! This is sooo mushy!!!!! I love it! :)
Post a Comment