A few weeks ago I decided to take a day off of work for no reason other than Daniel had fall break and I wanted to do something with him. Daniel called up an instructor pilot buddy of his who has access to a Cessna (small plane) and asked if he could take us up in it. Within 30 minutes we were at the airport getting ready. I'd been in a small plane before but it was forever ago and I don't remember much about it so I don't really count it. Mark (the buddy) instructed Daniel on all the pre-flight checks and stuff and gave me some very helpful small plane passenger "please don't puke in this thing" tips. Daniel was at the controls and Mark did some good coaching and radio talking (totally a different language) and we were up and watching Downtown Salt Lake get smaller. We flew through Immigration Canyon to Park City and Kamas then over Strawberry Reservoir. Before heading back home, Daniel did a few "touch and go's" (landing and then speeding back up to take off again) at the Heber Airport. It was super fun for me because a) I liked looking out the windows, b) it was fun to hear Daniel communicate in what I now refer to as "airplane speak", c) I did not throw up, and d) I got to wear a headset with a microphone thing to make me feel official. :)
We also got to go to the Utah vs. Air Force football game. That was fun too. It was the 60th anniversary of the Air Force ROTC detachment at the U, so a bunch of Det 850 alumni were there that we got to know and chat with. It was rainy but not too cold and it was a pretty exciting game.
So we've been busy but not as busy as we're going to be with the holiday season coming up. I'd like to take this opportunity to solicit your addresses if you would like to receive a Christmas Greeting from us this year. Just email it to me at tuckerjwest(at)hotmail(dot)com.





3 comments:
that is sooooo cool! it must be so awesome to know how to fly. glad you guys are keeping busy and having fun. i love love love the holidays and am so excited for everything that comes along with it. cant wait to see your xmas card. :)
Ahhhhh, you guys are soooo cute! You've been doing lots of fun things, and we are so lucky to have you guys in the family and be closer to you. Thank you for all you do, and the help you give me with Gracie! I love her new nickname! :-)
Great to catch up on your fun stuff! We look forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment