Last night shortly after midnight, Daniel and I were saying good night and about to fall asleep when we saw a light shine through our bedroom door. I asked Daniel if it was his computer shutting down or something and he said no. I said, "Will you go check it out?" He said, "Yes, but I'm bringing the gun." That's when I started to freak out a little bit and my mind flooded with all the scary kidnapping movies I've seen (Taken in particular). After a few minutes of securing the premises, Daniel came back to report that he could find nothing amiss in our apartment. After I got up and checked around a bit for myself, we concluded that the light probably came from Daniel's cell phone which had just finished charging. It took another hour of Daniel singing to me for me to calm down enough to fall asleep. This morning on the radio I learned that the light actually came from a washing machine sized meteor shooting across the night sky. It lit up the whole sky as if it were daytime. Apparently the light could be seen from Idaho to Los Angeles and it is believed that it finally burnt out somewhere over Southern Utah. If you want to check out some really incredible surveillance camera footage click here.





No comments:
Post a Comment