One of my friends recently posted on her blog about a new goal she has that totally inspired me. Thanks to her, I'm going to be listing at least 5 things I'm grateful for everyday. I think this will be beneficial because it will help me focus more on the good things going on in my life rather than the difficult or stressful. I have long believed that our happiness is directly related to our gratitude. The people I know who are genuinely grateful for just about everything, are the happiest people I know. I want to be one of the happiest people I know, so I'm going to work on being more grateful. So without further ado here's today's 5:
- I'm grateful for humidity. Today we tried to do a science experiment in class about condensation. It didn't work because there wasn't enough water vapor in the air to condense onto our very cold plastic cups. Humidity is good for your skin and I think it feels good to breathe it in. I think it's easier to smell nice smells when it's humid.
- I'm grateful for people with WAY more experience than me. In my job, I don't know what I would do without the help of people with years of experience of doing what I'm learning to do.
- I'm grateful for our camping chairs. We bought a couple camping chairs last year and I love mine! I love taking it out in the backyard and sitting in it for hours while I read a good book in the sun. It even has a handy cup holder for a beverage. I'm looking forward to warmer, sunnier days that are on their way soon!
- I'm thankful for hobbies. I don't really remember ever having a hobby before this year. As previously mentioned on this blog, I'm getting into card making. It's constructive and fun and I like creating something practical and cute. It keeps me from feeling lonely when Daniel is gone and lets me give a part of myself to someone else. It also helps me keep in touch with those I care about through snail mail. Who doesn't love getting something besides a bill, advertisement, or alumni donation request in the mailbox every now and then?
- I'm thankful for cheap gas. Granted, gas prices are going up, but I still remember how painful it was to drive from Salt Lake to L.A. last summer when gas was over $5 a gallon.
1 comment:
Awww, I love this! It's good to be thankful together :) And I am truly inspired by your gratitude for humidity - that is digging deep! Haha. Good for your class though! :) Also, I think I need some hobbies, but I'm not very crafty ... does having a dog count?
Post a Comment