Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Wild Blue Yonder

Daniel got a pilot slot!! He's been working hard for this since before junior high. What that means is that this summer he'll go to San Antonio, Texas for a medical evaluation. If he passes the medical evaluation he'll go to pilot training after he graduates from college and commissions as an Air Force officer in May next year. I am so proud of him! Him getting this assignment has been a serious play with our emotions. When he originally got his assignment, he got a navigator spot. Nav is still pretty cool, but not what Daniel wanted. We were really disappointed but tried to keep a positive attitude and make the best of it. Daniel's commander was surprised that Daniel didn't get pilot because he is very qualified. After taking another look at the paperwork, and making some phone calls, Daniel's paperwork was reconsidered and it turns out there had been a mistake and Daniel was re-classified as pilot. We are both so happy!! I couldn't be more proud of Daniel. He's worked so hard to get this. Congratulations, Daniel. I love you! Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

Cris said...

congrats! Looks like the switch to Chemistry paid off!

Daniel said...

Thanks Julie! Selection rate this year was 61.5% of qualified applicants. I'm glad I got the slot! I just wish school would be finished already.

Anonymous said...

Congrats you guys!!!

Liz Smith said...

WOW!!!! AWESOME!!! Congratulations! im so happy for you guys! :) :) :)

Kylee said...

wow.. congrats Daniel! That is so great for you guys! That is big news!

Rhiannon said...

hey! congratulations! That is way cool! Call us so we can hang out soon.