
We went to Yellowstone Park and Grand Tetons National Park with Daniel's family. We had a lot of fun. I saw and did a bunch of things I've never seen or done before. In other words my cool points pretty much doubled on this trip. For example:
saw Old Faithful,
protected our tent from a buffalo (ok, he got within about 15 feet of it, but I was ready to protect our tent!),
almost got attacked by a dusty buffalo (Daniel's brother thought he was saying hello in Buffalo when he made that noise, apparently he said something offensive which really made the buffalo mad),
went to church in an amphitheater,
saw 2 of Jupiter's moons with binoculars,
visited the Lower Falls of the Yellowstone River (AMAZING!),
went on a scavenger hunt in Jackson Hole, went whitewater rafting in the Snake River (I get some bonus brave points for this one because I was totally nervous the whole time and then really freaked out when Daniel fell out of the boat!), hiked to some beautiful lakes in the Tetons (Brayden, Taggart and Jenny to be exact), did some cliff scaling and got up close and personal with Hidden Falls (I get tons of brave points for this one because it was really intense), and found license plates from 47 of the 50 states (National parks are the best to play this game! The states we didn't find are Hawaii, Delaware and Rhode Island). Yeah, mucho cool points on this trip. Daniel and I also taught his family this game we like to play. It doesn't have a name but we come up with a topic and a tune and someone has to make up a song about the topic to the tune. For example, Daniel made up a song about dirty socks to the tune of Yesterday by the Beatles. It was awesome. I highly recommend that when you're bored, try playing this game. It's a hoot! All in all, we had a great time. Enjoy the pics!
4 comments:
We were in Yellowstone this same weekend, it would have been fun to run into you. I swear I saw that same buffalo...hahaa take care
Man that looks like so much fun!! I once went camping in Grand Tetons with Melissa and some other peeps and we hiked to jenny lake too! Its so beautiful out there! Glad you had great fun!
Looks like you had a blast!!! You definitely get major cool points for protecting the tent....I would have run screaming! I love yellowstone.
I am so excited that you have a blog! I never knew! Crazy since I am on your blog roll...:-)
I love it! I'll be dropping in now...consider yourself 'blessed with my presence'...Love ya!
Post a Comment