Sunday, August 24, 2008

Colorado Trip

Wow! We have been busy! A few days after we got back from Yellowstone we decided on the fly to go to Colorado to visit Daniel's grandparents in the Durango area. We had a wonderful time! They took us to Mesa Verde National Park, and let me tell you, that place is incredible! If you have the chance, I highly recommend visiting it. Basically it's 2 canyons that about 800 years ago some Native Americans moved into the canyon walls building dwellings that were several stories high and dozens of rooms. There are several that you can tour and we took 2 tours. One of Cliff Palace and one of Balcony House. I found it particularly enlightening because I have to teach my students about the people who built the cliff dwellings. Here are a few pictures: Daniel got to go fishing with his grandpa and I spent the day with Grandma Tucker. We had a nice day together visiting some of the shops in Durango. Grandma and Grandpa Tucker also took us to this place called the Bar D Chuckwagon. Basically it's this western style meal that you eat on tin plates and then there's a western show. The band was fantastic! They were funny and talented and played a good variety of songs. We had a great time. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa T! Print Friendly and PDF