Sunday, August 9, 2009

Developments

School started again for me about 2 weeks ago. It's not too bad because I just have 1 week left and then I'm on another 3 week break, so my summer isn't over just yet. I have a good class this year and feel so much better prepared and organized to teach that it's been a great couple weeks. I learned about a teaching method that I'm really excited about and am using and I really enjoy it, and my kids do too. It makes school more fun for them and more fun for me. I come home pretty exhausted and Daniel is so sweet to let me take a nap while he makes dinner. Speaking of...
He's home!!!
Daniel got home about 3 weeks ago and I'm SOO glad to have him home! He was gone for 6 weeks in Russia with a language study program. Actually, I don't do it as much anymore, but for the first several days he was back, I would forget he was there and when he would talk to me from the other room it would kind of freak me out. Haha! Now he throws in Russian words every now and then in our conversations.

Another new development: I'm now the Primary music leader in church. Primary is basically Sunday School for kids from 3 to 12. I did it for the first time today and I think it went pretty well for being a rookie music teacher. I'll admit, I'm not quite as comfortable in front of the kids at church as I am in front of the kids at school. I'm excited though, I love all the songs we sing and it's really sweet to see and hear so many little voices singing about how much Heavenly Father loves them. It reminds me that He really does love them, and me too for that matter.
Print Friendly and PDF

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad that he's home!!! We should get together sometime soon. We miss you guys.

Liz Smith said...

im so glad you and your husband are reunited again. it's hard being apart. oh, and i can totally see you as the primary music person!!! you're going to do such a good job. i hope you enjoy it. :)

Betsy/Mom said...

You're going to be the BEST chorister EVER!!!

Kylee said...

glad to hear that Daniel is back. We both know how fun long distance is...not! remember those good old Birch days? oh ...they weren't that long ago! lol! what is the new teaching method you are doing? I am interesting in hearing about it! miss ya

Lisa said...

Congrats Julie! You will be so good at that!! What a fun calling :) We need to get together sometime soon. Let me know what works for you two- I imagine your schedules are pretty busy! :)