Monday, July 7, 2008

The Beginning of Our Summer Adventures

I (Julie) finished my first year of teaching. It was a great year. I had such a great class. I feel like I did something really hard and now it's over. Now, I'm making a list of things to do so I don't get lazy since I'm out of school. Daniel is taking summer classes. We're excited for August when we will both finally be free of school and work and able to go on a vacation together. Daniel and I have been doing quite a bit of fishing recently. Daniel is proud of me because I've been catching more fish than he has! Now mind you, I just catch fish. I don't touch them, gut them or bait my own hook. Daniel does all that. I just do the fun part. :) He's a good sport and is very patient with me as I take baby steps to becoming an independent fisher-woman. Haha. On the Fourth of July, my favorite holiday, we fished at Trial Lake in the Uinta Mountains during the morning. I caught the biggest fish I've ever caught before. We had camped the night before with some new friends. We had a fun time. In the afternoon we went to Daniel's grandparents' house for a family dinner and then to a park for fireworks. I love fireworks! We hope you enjoyed the holiday too! Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

absterradster said...

Yahooo! I'm the first one to comment on your new blog! I love being able to stay updated on your life my dear! Just to check is your vacay going to take you away on the 9th of August? Just wondering if you're going to be able to make it to the reception!?

Chris F said...

Looks like fun we should take courtney's dads 4x4's and head up to strawberry sometime!

The Carroll's said...

WOW look at you! I hate everything fish -I mean everything!! I am so proud of you! You are a bigger woman than I!

Great to see you blogging! It's addictive!